Buying and selling bitcoins in the Cancoin Marketplace is done directly from other user created listings. Simply find your preferred price, location and payment type and create your order to be selling bitcoins in minutes.
To sell bitcoins in the Marketplace, use the following steps:
- Login to your account and view the available buy listings.
- Find your preferred price and payment type using the available filters and click the corresponding ’sell’ button to display your preferred listing’s details. Review the listing details including the buyer, their Marketplace rating and their terms. If you are happy to continue, enter the amount of bitcoin you would like to sell and click ‘Continue with order’.
- Fill the escrow order wallet for the full amount indicated. The escrow wallet address and amount are shown on the order page. If you choose to fund the escrow wallet with your personal Cancoin wallet, the transaction will be green addressed and confirmed immediately. You can confirm your escrow deposit on the blockchain at any time.
- Chat with the buyer in the OpenPGP encrypted order chat window and send the private details necessary for the buyer to make their payment. Once you have sent these, wait for the buyer to make the full payment and upload the proof of payment via the in-order encrypted file area. You will receive notifications via browser, desktop, SMS or email depending on your preferences whenever the buyer adds a file or a new chat message.
- When you have received payment, click a button in the order to sign the outgoing escrow transaction. Cancoin will then apply the second signature via a HSM secured private key, and the bitcoins in the escrow wallet will be sent to the buyers personal Cancoin wallet.
- Leave a rating and submit a sentence or two of feedback for the buyer to complete the order.
Alternatively, if you can’t find the price or preferences that you are looking for, you can create a new sell listing to set your own price and let other Marketplace users buy bitcoins from you.